JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – As Hurricane Sandy begins to dramatically affect Virginia and much of the East Coast, memorable photos are emerging.
CBS 6 News’ Wayne Covil received this photo taken by Rusty Carter at the Virginia Gazette.
It’s of residents kayaking Monday afternoon on S. Riverside Drive in Chickahominy Haven in northern James City County.
If you have a great photo, click here to add it to our Hurricane Sandy gallery.
- LIVE updates on Sandy from the CBS 6 Newsroom (Bookmark and share this page!)
- CBS 6 Storm Team: Sandy’s impact on Richmond and Central Virginia
- Latest Sandy-related closings and delays
- TRACKING SANDY: Important phone numbers
- Share your Hurricane Sandy photos
- Virginia makes emergency preparations as Sandy nears
- VIDEOS: Social media sites show Sandy’s impact on coastal Virginia, North Carolina
- POLL: Are you ready for Hurricane Sandy?
- 13 things you need before the hurricane arrives
- Tips on how to prepare for a storm or hurricane
- Election officials prepared for Hurricane Sandy
- How Sandy was dubbed ‘Frankenstorm’
- Governor McDonnell declares state of emergency
- Richmond mayor declares local state of emergency ahead of Sandy
- Airlines let travelers change tickets, fee-free, due to Hurricane Sand
- Richmond readies for Sandy, will open emergency shelters
Stick with CBS 6 News and WTVR.com as we ride out the storm together. Depend on us for the most complete coverage, with the most experienced reporters and most accurate forecast!