Demi Clark tells CNN about her close encounter with the Boston Marathon explosions.
She was running on the side of the street where the first explosion occurred, but moments before the detonation she switched sides to move closer to her children.
“Angel on my shoulder, whatever you want to call it. I had been running on the left and slapping people’s hands. Just wonderful spectators in the last two miles. I knew my family was in the bleachers on the right and so I moved over so that my daughters could see me,” Clark said.
“It was really important for them to see me at the finish. You can see the blast happened right to my left. I immediately looked over and saw the runners down and just smoke and people up against the fences and just horrific, horrific scene.”
Click on the video to see her close call.
- The aftermath of 2 explosions at Boston Marathon
- Flights banned over Boston Marathon blast site
- List of Richmonders running the Boston Marathon
- UPDATE: Deadly explosions at the Boston Marathon
- Witness: ‘I saw blood everywhere’ after Boston Marathon explosion
- Talking to children after traumatic event