Winter Weather Advisory for much of the area into Monday
The storm system affecting the area is in two parts: the first part brought accumulating snow during the afternoon and early evening. The second part of the storm will bring more precipitation overnight. This may begin as rain or a mix before changing back to all snow. Temperatures hovering just above freezing will allow some of the accumulation to melt.
Additional accumulation will occur with the second burst of snow between midnight and 9 a.m. Monday. The best threat for multiple inches of additional snow will be northwest of the Richmond metro area.
STORM TRACKING TOOLS: Stay with CBS 6, We’ll Keep You Ahead of the Storm!
- Latest watches and warnings
- SkyTracker Cameras
- Maps & Radar
- Interactive Radar
- Weather Blog
- DopplerMax 6 Storm Room
- CBS 6 Storm Team on Facebook
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis