The Virginia Department of Emergency Management said a first responder was killed in Montgomery County.
In a press briefing on Saturday, McDonnell said Friday’s storms left at least six people dead in the state. He said two people died in Bedford County. Two were also killed in both Fairfax and Albemarle counties.
Dominion said they expect to restore service by Tuesday night for 80-85 percent of customers.
They said that 90-95 percent of affected customers should have power by Thursday night and virtually all remaining customers by Saturday night.
Before Saturday’s storm, officials said more than two million in the state were without power.
- DOWNLOAD: Severe weather, breaking news apps
- Gov. McDonnell: 6 dead, state of emergency declared after storms
- VDOT works to clear 200+ roads
- Storm damages homes across metro-Richmond
- Home’s roof dangles like laundry from power line
- Deadly storms knock out power to thousands across Virginia
- PHOTOS: Upload your storm photos
- Millions without power as storms pound U.S. following record-setting heat
- Friday evening storm reports