RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) - More powerful thunderstorms rolled through Central Virginia Saturday evening.
The storms triggered reports of a tornado touching down in Hanover near Studley. Some viewers said the tops of trees appeared to have been ripped off in Hanover.
Another possible tornado, which was sighted in Charles City County in Roxbury, is also in the process of being confirmed. [PHOTOS: Your photos of Saturday’s severe weather]
Additionally, several tornado warnings were issued for for counties in the CBS 6 viewing area.
Additionally, the storms knocked out power to even more customers. In fact, around 71,000 customers were without power around 8 p.m. By 10:15 p.m. over 89,000 were reportedly without power. [Call 866-DOM-HELP (866-366-4357) to report an outage. Click here for more on outages.]
Stay tuned to CBS 6 -- We'll Keep You Ahead of the Storm
- DOWNNLOAD: Severe weather, breaking news apps
- PHOTOS: Your photos of Saturday’s severe weather
- Gov. McDonnell: 6 dead, state of emergency declared after storms
- VDOT works to clear 200+ roads
- Storm damages homes across metro-Richmond
- Home’s roof dangles like laundry from power line
- Deadly storms knock out power to thousands across Virginia
- PHOTOS: Upload your storm photos
- Millions without power as storms pound U.S. following record-setting heat
- Friday evening storm reports