CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WTVR) - University of Virginia students plan to hold another rally in support of ousted president Teresa Sullivan, who announced her resignation on June 10, on Sunday.
The "Rally For Honor" is set to take place at 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the Lawn next to the Rotunda.
On their Facebook page, organizers say they'll call for the Virginia General Assembly to launch a formal investigation into the U.Va. Board of Visitors for how the resignation was handled.
They say they're also demanding the resignation of Rector Dragas.
The school's Board of Visitors is scheduled to meet on Tuesday to reconsider its decision on whether to keep Sullivan or find a replacement.
Governor Bob McDonnell sent a letter to the Board on Friday asking them to resign if they cannot come to an agreement to the leadership crisis.
“I want final action by the Board on Tuesday. If you fail to do so, I will ask for the resignation of the entire Board on Wednesday. Regardless of your decision, I expect you to make a clear, detailed and unified statement on the future leadership of the University.”
Click here to read the letter.
U.Va. President Coverage:
- Gov. tells U.Va. board to make final resolution or resign
- UVA’s interim president steps back from position
- HOLMBERG: Clumsy ouster of U.Va. president may renew her tenure
- U.Va. board to reconsider Sullivan’s forced resignation
- U.Va. vigil held as interim president addresses ‘challenging time’
- U.Va. Vice Rector resigns
- Morrissey wants lawmakers to investigate U.Va. resignation
- Carl Zeithaml named Interim U.Va. president; Sullivan Out
- Teresa Sullivan releases first public statement since ousting
- Board won’t back-pedal, though thousands rally at U.Va.
- REPORT: U.Va. board members ask President Sullivan to reconsider resignation
- UVA school leaders to consider interim president candidates
- Backlash at U.Va. heads into second week, donors make threats
- UVa. Honor Committee calls Sullivan ousting “unsettling”
- UVa. President Sullivan to leave her job