RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) - Parts of North Richmond were hit hard by powerful winds and rain as storms rolled through the area early Friday evening.
CBS 6 crews shot video in the 400 block of East Ladies Mile Road. That’s where high winds toppled a massive tree, which fell on a house, forcing police to rope off the area.
One neighbor said the weather was so bad at the time the tree fell, that it reminded her of Hurricane Irene. No injuries were reported in the neighborhood.
Another home, also in North Richmond, barely escaped major damage when a tree in its front yard fell over. It happened near the intersection of Stanhope and Newport Drive.
Fortunately, the tree just grazed the front of the house.
COMPLETE COVERAGE: June 1 storms down trees, knock out power across Commonwealth
- Storm damages almost a dozen Petersburg homes
- Severe reports from Friday storms
- PICTURES: Upload your storm damage and weather pics
- Witness: Tornado sucked items from hotel
- Check out these videos of reported tornadoes across Va.
- Tornado, waterspout hits Hampton
- Storms cause damage across Central Virginia
- Severe weather threat cancels many evening events
- Strong storms knock down trees
- New technology helps CBS 6 better cover storms, breaking news