RICHMOND, Va. — A natural gas leak was reported on VCU’s main campus Thursday evening.
The university issued an alert at 6:08 p.m. stating that a leak had been reported at the Academic Learning Commons on Floyd Avenue.
“Avoid area. VCU Police on scene,” officials said.
A photo showed a fire truck parked in front of the building and students sitting outside.
At 6:40 p.m. officials issued an all clear: “Situation resolved. Resume normal activity.”
No additional details were available at last check.
Cary St. Gym, on the campus of VCU, was closed earlier in the day after a pool chemical scare.
“Police and Fire Departments are on scene at Cary St. Gym,” the university said in a university-wide alert earlier Thursday. “[The] building [is] closed until further notice.”
The Richmond Fire Department was called to evaluate the building after staff found a mixture of pool chemicals that could cause health issues, the university announced.
No injuries were reported.
This is a developing story, so anyone with more information can submit a news tip here.