Missing 13-year-old swimmer’s body found on beach
Police investigating fatal shooting in Petersburg
When extreme heat will ease this week
Woman killed in triple stabbing on Northside
TRACK STORMS: Use CBS 6 Interactive Radar

Cigarette plus gas can spark Chesterfield house fire

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- A cigarette and a gas can combined to spark a Chesterfield house fire. One person was hurt in Monday morning's fire.

The fire started in the garage and spread to the home along the 6100 block of Morning Mist Drive, according to Chesterfield Fire spokesman Lt. Jason Elmore‏.

"The Chesterfield County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire started in the garage as a result of a cigarette igniting gasoline vapors from a gas can," Elmore said. "Two adults and one juvenile were displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross."

The person who was injured suffered a non-life threatening injury, he added.

"Fire had spread to the first floor of the home and smoke to the second floor," Elmore said. "It took firefighters approximately 40 minutes to get the fire under control."

This is a developing story. Witnesses can email news tips and photos here.