PETERSBURG, Va. -- A dozen people were evacuated after a fire broke out at a Petersburg hotel Saturday afternoon.
Crews responded to a call for a fire at the Good Knights Inn on East Wythe Street at 2:35 p.m.
While no one was hurt, officials said a dozen people were evacuated from the hotel as a result.
Maintenance officials said by children playing with matches while their mother was sleeping in their room sparked the fire.
However, fire officials have not yet released an exact cause of the fire.
This is a developing story.