Double shooting at Henrico car wash
‘Why would somebody want to hurt a little old lady?’
Fire breaks out at local Long John Silver’s
When much-needed rainfall will arrive
How to see Orionid meteor shower this weekend

Dryer fire spreads to Henrico home’s crawlspace

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. -- Crews have extinguished a fire likely sparked by a clothes dryer a two-story home in Henrico County's West End Thursday night.

Henrico Fire spokesman Capt. Taylor Goodman said crews called to a fire at a home in the 1300 block of Valley Drive in Tuckahoe at 9:20 p.m.

"Firefighters arrived within four minutes to find smoke coming from the bottom of the home and immediately began to investigate at the same time they performed searches to ensure everyone was outside," Goodman said.

The fire was marked under control just after 10 p.m.

Goodman said the fire is believed to be caused by a dryer and then spread to crawl space via a vent duct.

No one was injured.

Goodman said one person was displaced.