Maple Glazed Salmon
RICHMOND, Va – Culinary Expert Gabrielle Tenney, Owner of Savvy & Well with Gabrielle, created a savory seared Salmon dish with Cauliflower puree and drizzled Maple Glaze, YUM. For more information you can visit online at http://www.savvyandwell.com.
Salmon Maple Glaze
*Done for you with S&W meals
2 teaspoons safflower (neutral) oil
8 ounces salmon
1 scallion, rough chop
3 garlic cloves, rough chop
3 cups cauliflower, medium size pieces
2 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 oz Maple Glaze (premade- yields 1 ½ cups)
1 cup maple syrup
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 scallion, chopped
2 tablespoons liquid aminos
1. Prepare your ingredients- chop the scallion, garlic, cauliflower, half the shallot and mushrooms.
2. Add the cauliflower pieces to a small pot and add the milk and turmeric. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until fork tender. Strain, reserve 1 cup of liquid, into a bowl, food processor or blender, and add a tablespoon of butter. Add ¼ cup of liquid at a time until mashed to desired consistency. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Keep warm.
3. *Make the maple glaze. – saute half the chopped garlic in neutral oil until brown. Add the maple syrup, scallions and liquid aminos. Reduce until it is thick enough to coat a spoon.
4. Cook mushrooms- add the rest of the shallot and garlic to a hot saute pan over medium high heat with a drizzle of oil and cook for 2 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms, toss to coat, knob of butter – reduce heat and swirl until the butter melts. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Cook the salmon- In the same pan you used to cook the mushrooms, wipe out with a towel, place on medium high heat and add a drizzle of oil. Cook 2 minutes per side for medium doneness.
6. Assemble- Add a dollop of cauliflower puree to your plate. Top with a spoonful of mushrooms, the salmon and drizzle maple glaze all over and enjoy.