RICHMOND, Va. – Pastry Chef Leanne Fletcher, From Big Herm’s Kitchen, had us drooling as she walked us through the steps of creating her fall inspired Pumpkin Cheesecake, using fresh pumpkin puree. For more information you can visit http://www.bighermskitchen.com
Fall into Pumpkin Cheesecake
• 10 inch spring form pan
• Graham cracker crust
• 4 (8 ounce) packages softened cream cheese (not reduce fat)
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 2 cups pure pumpkin puree
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. ginger
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 1 Tbls. Vanilla
• 2 Tbls. Bourbon
• ¼ cup flour
• 4 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
• Preheat oven to 325
• Place cream cheese, 1 cup brown sugar, and white sugar into large mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until smooth. Change to high and mix until light and fluffy, about 3 more minutes.
• Place pumpkin puree in a separate large mixing bowl. Stir in cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, vanilla, and bourbon until combined.
• Whisk 1/4 cup flour into pumpkin mixture then eggs and yolks.
• Whisk cream cheese mixture into pumpkin mixture until filling is completely smooth. Pour filling into pan and tap out any bubbles.
• Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes. Check temperature after 1 1/2 hours.
• Let cheesecake cool 2 to 3 hours. Cover cheesecake with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 3 hours.