Richmond Fire Station 1 reopens after mold concerns
RICHMOND, Va. – Richmond fire crews have returned back to Fire Station 1 after the fire house was briefly shut down due to mold concerns.
The fire house, located at 308 N. 24th Street, was closed on Sunday, August 28 due to the concerns.
Fire officials said the closing was “done out of an abundance of caution.” During the closing, crews were relocated to other stations.
Friday, the Department of Fire and Emergency Services reoccupied all personnel housed at Fire Station 1, effective immediately.