Nature Made supplements could be tainted with salmonella, staph and mold
RICHMOND, Va. — More products recalled this week over possible listeria contamination, and another product recalled over fears it was tainted with micro-organisms.
MARTIN’S announced they recalled Kashi GOLEAN Baklava Single bars following manufacturer recall.
They also announced a voluntary recall of specific Nature Made dietary supplement products due to possible contamination with micro-organisms, which may include Salmonella, Staphylococcus aureus, yeast and mold.
The following products, with indicated lot code numbers found on the back panel, next to the expiration date, are included in this recall:
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi, 90 ct., UPC 3160402841, Lot # 1196066
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi, 150 ct., UPC 3160404172, Lot #s 1196071 & 1205052
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi + Omega 3s, 150 ct., UPC 3160404173, Lot # 1173600
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi for Her plus Omega-3s, 150 ct., UPC 3160404275, Lot # 1196050
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Hair, Skin, Nails, 90 ct., UPC 3160404016, Lot # 1198437
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Hair, Skin, Nails, 150 ct., UPC 3160404132, Lot # 1198438
• Nature Made Vitamin D 1000 IU Tablets, 100 ct., UPC 3160401870, Lot #s 1147550, 1174782 & 1176755
• Nature Made Vitamin D 1000 IU Tablets, 300 ct., UPC 3160402683, Lot #s 1140172, 1175637 & 1176756
• Nature Made Vitamin D 1000 IU Tablets, 125 ct., UPC 3160402793, Lot # 1147978
• Nature Made Super B Complex w/ C & Folic Acid Tablets, 140 ct., UPC 3160402727, Lot # 1173779
• Nature Made Super B Complex w/ C & Folic Acid Tablets, 360 ct., UPC 3160402729, Lot #s 1173146 & 1204001
GIANT/MARTIN’S has received no reports of illnesses to date.
Consumption of items contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses.
Salmonella infections can be life-threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
The presence of Staph aureus toxin in food may lead to food poisoning. The onset of symptoms is usually rapid and in many cases acute. The most common symptoms are nausea, vomiting, retching, abdominal cramping, and prostration. In more severe cases, headache, muscle cramping, and transient changes in blood pressure and pulse rate may occur.
Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN’S for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Pharmavite at 800-276-2878. In addition customers may call GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268 for more information. Customers can also visit the GIANT or MARTIN’S websites.