RICHMOND, Va. — Riverside PACE, a center for senior citizens, was evacuated Thursday morning after carbon monoxide alarms sounded in the building. Richmond Fire crews were dispatched to the center, on Mactavish Avenue in Scott’s Addition, at 8:21 a.m.
The first company that arrived at the center found multiple alarms going off, Richmond Fire spokesman Lt. Chris Armstrong said. Additional companies were then requested and the building was evacuated. Richmond Fire crews remain on scene to investigate the leak which appears to have come from the kitchen.
No serious injuries have been reported at this time, though 13 people were treated at the scene with oxygen.
This is a developing story.