RICHMOND, Va - Aaron Clifton, Proprietor at Bonefish Grill, fired up the Virginia This Morning kitchen to make their seasonal Grilled Swordfish over Pumpkin Ravioli. He paired the dish with a cool, crisp Apple Martini. For more information you can visit www.bonefishgrill.com.
Grilled Swordfish over Pumpkin Ravioli
- 4 Each 6 OZ fresh swordfish steak
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 TBSP crumbled feta cheese
- 16 Each Pumpkin Ravioli
- 2 Qts boiling water
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp shallots, ¼” dice
- 2 tsp fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 TBSP French’s crispy onions
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley
- Season the swordfish steaks with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 60 seconds and flip swordfish over.
- Place 1 TBSP of crumbled feta cheese on top of each steak.
- Move steaks to the coolest part of the grill and cook to an internal temperature of 135˚.
- Remove from the grill and keep warm.
- Place the ravioli into the boiling water and cook following the package instructions.
- Drain the ravioli in a colander.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and chopped sage leaves; cook until the butter just begins to brown.
- Immediately after the butter begins to brown, add the drained ravioli and toss to coat the pasta.
- Place the ravioli in the center of a large warm pasta serving platter.
- Arrange the swordfish around the outer edges of the pasta.
- Sprinkle the crispy onions and chopped parsley over the pasta and fish.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable side dish.
- Heat sauté pans.
- Season the swordfish steaks and sauté until cooked, following cooking directions as stated above without the grill.
- Have the cooked ravioli plated and to the side – without sage or crispy onions.
- In a second sauté pan, melt the butter in preparation for the ravioli – complete cooking directions as stated above.
- Conduct final plating of the ravioli followed by the swordfish.
Fall Apple Martini
Apple Cinnamon Vodka Infusion 2 oz
Ginger Liqueur .50 oz
100% Apple Juice 2 oz
Honey .50 oz
Add all ingredients into a 16-oz pint glass. Add ice until glass is full. Shake 20x vigorously and strain into frozen martini glass. Top with apple slice floating on top. Add a little extra zest of cinnamon on top for a little extra fall flavor!
Secrets to shake it up:
- If you like an extra kick of ginger, muddle a few fresh slices of ginger! Or you can garnish with candied ginger!
- If you enjoy your cocktails a little more on the sweeter side add a little extra honey.
- Adding a splash of lemon juice will help to brighten the fresh apple flavors!