Man injured in Brandermill house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
chesterfield fire

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – Chesterfield firefighters are trying to figure out what caused an overnight house fire in Brandermill.

Firefighters got a call of smoke coming out of the kitchen of the home on Steeple Chase Drive just after 12:30 a.m. Thursday morning.

The fire was contained to the stove, but a man living in the home was injured. He was taken to VCU Medical center with a leg injury. Two other people in the home, including a child, weren’t hurt.

Firefighters say the fire did about $5,000 worth of damage.