‘Sandy, I’m sorry’ suspected stalker screamed after getting into Sandra Bullock’s home
LOS ANGELES – Sandra Bullock came face-to-face with a man who allegedly scaled a chain-link fence topped with barbed wire to get into her house last month, according to a police search warrant.
The warrant, obtained by TMZ, said that Bullock, upon hearing banging inside the house around 1 a.m. June 8, found the intruder in the hall outside her bedroom door.
Joshua Corbett, 39, is accused in the case and faces multiple felony charges.
Bullock said she slammed the door and called 911.
According to TMZ’s story, when the police arrived, the intruder started screaming, “Sandy, I’m sorry. Please don’t press charges.”
In another twist, the intruder was carrying a notebook featuring photographs of Bullock and a number of handwritten notes, the TMZ story said. One of them read, “I will forever be thinking of you and (Bullock’s son) Louie, my son, as you are my wife by law, the law of God and you belong to me and me to you.”
An arrest was made at Bullock’s house.
Police said they later searched Corbett’s Montrose, California, house and found “an arsenal of weapons” that included a half-dozen illegal machine guns.
The finding of the weapons led to 19 felony counts, including seven counts of possession of a machine gun, two counts of possession of an assault weapon and 10 counts of possession of a destructive device, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office told CNN last month.
Corbett pleaded not guilty after the initial charges were filed. After the added counts, his bail was increased from $185,000 to $2.2 million. The charges carry a potential maximum of 12 years in prison if Corbett is convicted, Deputy District Attorney Wendy Segall told CNN last month.