Lightning sparks Henrico house fire

(SOURCE: Henrico Fire Department)

(SOURCE: Henrico Fire Department)

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. – Lightning from the severe storms that pounded Central Virginia Thursday afternoon sparked a fire at a Henrico home.

Firefighters were called to the 10000 block of Sherwin Place around 5:30 p.m.

Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire, which had broke out in the home’s attic.

Four people were displaced.

No one was injured.

“Smoke detectors save lives,” Lieutenant Jackson Baynard wrote in a media release. “Check your smoke detectors on a regular basis to ensure they will work properly and change the batteries twice a year.”

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,776 other followers