CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) - Chesterfield fire crews responded to the 500 block of Coalbrook Dr. around 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon for a chemical smell that happened inside a home.
Lt. Jason Elmore said crews found two people outside that had symptoms of inhaling chemicals and one person was still inside the home.
"Our crews made entry and were able to pull one person from the home out," said Lt. Elmore.
Elmore said one juvenile is currently in serious condition and was taken to VCU Medical Center.
"It appears at this point that there were several different household chemicals that had been mixed together that were producing an off gassing between the three," said Lt. Elmore.
Fire crews said it's still unclear if the chemicals were mixed intentionally or accidentally, but are still investigating.