Firefighters battle blaze at Westover Hills apartment

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) -- The Red Cross is helping three Richmonders who were displaced after their apartment caught fire Saturday afternoon

Richmond firefighters received a call around 4:30 p.m. for a fire on Westover Hills Boulevard in the Summerset Glen Apartments.

The three occupants, who made it out of the house safely, are being assisted by the Red Cross.

The family's dog was killed in the blaze.

Crews are still working to figure out what sparked the blaze.