Welcome to the 14th Annual Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K. May the miles be ever in your favor.
- 6:45 – 9:30 AM • Times-Dispatch Dress Up & Run Contest check-in at Monroe Park, at least 30 minutes prior to wave start time. You have to wear your costume while you participate. When you are done, go back to tent to see if you won a prize.
- 7:30 AM • Blessing of the Runners at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart
- 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM • Amica Insurance Bag Check available in Monroe Park (Laurel & Main Street)
- 8:00 AM • Virginia 529 Kids Run starts on Cathedral Place near Laurel Street
- 8:30 AM • Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k start–in waves at Broad Street & Harrison Street
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM • SUBWAY Post Race Festival at Monroe Park
- See all WAVES here.
From Start to Finish, this is one of the most fun and well-supported races in the country! Apart from an incredible corps of volunteers and spectators, the course is packed with tons of entertainment and amenities, including:
- Water Stops with water & PowerAde – Miles 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Port-o-johns – Start, Finish, all water stops
- Bon Secours Medical teams – Start, Finish, along the course
- Live entertainment – 30+ bands/DJs to keep you moving.
- 10k Community Spirit Contest Groups get you motivated.
- CarMax Party Stops packed with friends, families and supporters.
- Marathonfoto photographers snapping official race pics.
Click here for the full course map and details.
PAID PARKING DECKS (see above):
Arrive early, as these spaces fill quickly. And follow the given directions to avoid street closures.
- Henry St. Parking Deck – West (200 N. Henry St)
- Traveling west on Grace Street from downtown, the entrance to the deck will be located on your right at the intersection of Henry Street (one block east of Belvidere Street).
- JL Lot (200 W. Cary St, entrance on Madison St.) Traveling east on Cary Street, cross Belvidere Street and make a left at the next block (Madison Street). The deck will be located on your right.
- 801 W. Main Street (between Laurel and Cherry streets) Take I-195 to the Idlewood exit. Make a left turn onto Cherry Street to the entrance to the deck.
- 1101 W. Cary Street (corner of Cary & Harrison St.) Traveling east on Cary Street, the deck will be located on your right at the intersection of Harrison Street.
- 609 Bowe Street (next to the Siegel Center) Exit I-95 at the Boulevard and head south (right). Make a left turn onto Leigh Street. Travel east to Bowe Street and make a right turn (one block east of Lombardy). Go south and the parking deck will be on your left.
- 100 S. Jefferson Street (between Cary and Canal Street) Traveling east on Cary Street, the deck will be located on your right at the intersection of Jefferson Street (two blocks east of Belvidere Street)
WINN Transportation will offer race day shuttle service. The pickup locations listed below. Crucial information though: you have to purchase a ticket ($5) at the Health & Fitness Expo during packet pickup hours.
- Parking spaces are limited at both locations so carpooling is recommended. A wristband for the shuttle bus does not guarantee you a parking spot in the parking lots at either The Diamond or City Stadium. On-street parking is also available at each location.
- Shuttles will run on a continuous loop between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. from each location to the drop off point. To ensure that you have enough time to walk from the drop off point to the start line, please plan to arrive at your shuttle pick up location at least 90 minutes before your wave is scheduled to start. The drop off location is 11 blocks from the 10k start. (view map)
- Each shuttle passenger must have a wristband to board the shuttle at the pick-up locations.
- To expedite the purchase of shuttle wristbands at the expo, cash is recommended.
There will again be a free bike valet service at the VCU parking deck at the corner of Laurel and Grace streets, available only to registered runners.
Friday, March 28
|3 p.m.||NO PARKING goes into effect on Franklin Street from Shafer to Belvidere|
|3 p.m.||NO PARKING goes into effect on Broad Street (Belvidere to Lombardy)|
|4 p.m.||TOWING goes into effect on Franklin between Laurel and Belvidere|
|5 p.m.||Franklin St. – CLOSED between Laurel & Belvidere through 3 p.m. Saturday|
Saturday, March 29
|4 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Broad Street – CLOSED from Lombardy east to Belvidere|
|4 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Kent – CLOSED from Wythe to Monument Avenue|
|4 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.||West Franklin Street – CLOSED from Laurel to Stuart Circle|
|4 a.m. – 3 p.m.||North Laurel Street – CLOSED from Main St. to Broad Street|
|4 a.m. – 3 p.m.||Cathedral Place CLOSED from Laurel to Shafer Ct.|
|4 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Harrison – CLOSED from Park to Marshall|
|5 a.m. – 1 p.m.||Chantilly – CLOSED from Monumental to Monument|
|5 a.m. – 3 p.m.||Canal St. – CLOSED from Belvidere to 2nd St.|
|6 a.m. – 9 a.m.||Park Avenue – CLOSED from Shafer to Lombardy|
|6 a.m. – 3 p.m.||Exit ramp from Westbound I-195 to Belvidere – CLOSED|
|7 a.m. – 9 a.m.||Hanover – CLOSED from Plum to Lombardy|
|7 a.m.- 12 a.m.||Grace Street – CLOSED from Belvidere to Allen|
|7 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.||Lombardy Street – CLOSED from Broad Street to Hanover Avenue|
|7 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Monument Ave- CLOSED from Staples Mill Road to Stuart Circle|
|7 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.||Franklin St. – CLOSED Lombardy to Harrison|
|8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Boulevard – CLOSED at Monument Avenue|
Directions to the Finish at Monroe Park:
- From the North & West: Take I-95/64 South/East to exit 76B. Turn left off the exit ramp on to Leigh Street. Turn right at the first traffic light on to Belvidere Street heading South. Monroe Park is 5 blocks ahead on the right at the intersection with Franklin Street.
- From the South: Take I-95 North to exit 74A on to the Downtown Expressway. Go one half mile and take Belvidere Street exit. At first traffic light, make a right on to Belvidere Street. Monroe Park is three blocks ahead on your left.
- From the East: Take I-64 West to I-95 South to exit 74A on to the Downtown Expressway. Go one half mile and take Belvidere Street exit. At first traffic light, make a right on to Belvidere Street. Monroe Park is three blocks ahead on your left.