RICHMOND, Va (WTVR) - Ben Scarborough, General Manager of Chuy’s , shared the restaurant’s recipe for Chicken tortilla soup! Visit Chuy’s at http://www.chuys.com/
BROTH INGREDIENTS QUANTITY
Water 8 cups
Chicken Base 1/3 cup
10oz Chicken, whole breasts, bone-in raw 1
Carrots (cut in half) 2 ounces (approx. ¼ cup)
Onion (quarter cut) 2 ounces (approx. ¼ cup)
Celery (cut in half) 2 ounces (approx. ¼ cup)
Cilantro 1 tsp
Fresh Garlic 1 clove
Dried red chile pepper 3/4 cup
Roasted Anaheim peppers 3/4 cup
Corn Tortillas, 5” 2
Thyme ¼ tsp
Diced Carrots 3/8” 2 ounces (approx. ¼ cup)
Diced Onions 3/8” 2 ounces (approx. ¼ cup)
Diced Celery 3/8” 2 ounces (approx. ¼ cup)
- Mix the water and chicken base, bring to a boil.
- Crack raw bone-in chicken in half at the breast bone, add to boiling stock.
- Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT diced carrots, onions and celery. Boil for 40 mins.
- Strain the stock through a china cap strainer and place liquid back in pot. Discard all the other ingredients. (Save chicken to use later.)
- Add the remaining diced carrots, onions and celery. Boil for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add toppings and let cool before serving.
TOPPINGS INGREDIENTS TOTAL/PER BOWL
Roasted, pulled chicken 48 ounces = 3 ounces
Tomatoes, diced 2/3 cup = 2 tsp
Roasted corn 1/3 cup = 1 tsp
Roasted Anaheim peppers 1/6 cup = ½ tsp
Avocado 1 = 1 tsp
Jack cheese, shredded 2 cups = 1/8 cup
Cilantro leaves Bunch = 3-4 leaves
Tortilla strips 1 cup, to preference
- Portion 2 cups of broth per soup bowl.
- Add roasted pulled chicken, tomatoes, roasted corn, Anaheim peppers and avocado
- Top with cilantro leaves and tortilla strips