VCU police investigate off-campus sex assault
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) — VCU Police are investigating a sex assault that happened off-campus over the weekend.
Police said that the attack, which was reported Saturday, happened in an off-campus apartment in the 1300 block of W Broad Street.
Additionally, officers said the suspect knew the attacker.
In the wake of the incident, VCU Police issued the following reminders:
- Sexual assault is non-consensual activity, ranging from unwanted touching to forced intercourse.
- Alcohol and drug consumption can impair your judgment and decision making ability.
- When consuming beverages, make or bring your own. Don’t accept open beverages or drink beverages that have been mixed by others.
- Never isolate yourself and always let a sober friend know where you are and who you are with.
- If you are ever in a situation where you are unsure or scared call VCU Police immediately.
- Be alert and aware at all times when you are with acquaintances.
- Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts.
- Report all suspicious people and circumstances to the VCU Police Department.
- It can be assumed that conditions continue to exist that may pose a threat to members and guests of the community.