Driving tips to keep you safe on the roads
(WTVR) – AAA released several tips if you need to hit the road today, but they still advise you from driving at this time.
- Do not use cruise control when driving in snow, ice etc. Remain in control of your car at all times.
- Do not attempt to drive if you don’t have all weather or winter weather tires.
- Do not warm up your car in the garage. If you warm up outside, AAA said to make sure the tailpipe is free from ice and snow before starting your car to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep applying pressure with your foot on the brake, rather than pumping anti-lock brakes. You might feel the wheels lock momentarily, which may cause the brake pedal vibrate slightly.
- Steer in the direction you want your car to go if you start to skid.
- If you’re stuck, remember that traction is greatest before your wheels begin to spin.
As of 11 a.m., AAA has resumed their towing services, but keep in mind that the roads must be clear and passable for them to get to you.
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis