Suspect wanted for shooting VSU student arrested
AMBER Alert cancelled, suspect still at-large
Virginia boy escapes armed abduction
Shooting video released
Friends remember dad killed in Car Pool shooting
SEVERE WEATHER ALERT: Click here for watches and warnings

Unattended candle causes Henrico fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO, Va. (WTVR) –A Henrico fire was started by an unattended candle in a container, Capt. Daniel Rosenbaum said.

The fire, in the 1900 block of Blackburn Rd off of Woodman Rd in Henrico County, spread to a nearby arrangement. The fire was quickly extinguished and no apartment residents were displaced.

Fire officials wanted to remind people that a candle is an open flame and just because it is in a container it can still catch items on fire.  Please use candles with caution and never leave them unattended.

The smoke detector alerted the resident to the fire. Check smoke detectors on a regular basis to ensure they will work properly and change the batteries twice a year.