RICHMOND, Va (WTVR) - Susan Martinson of 'Keep It Simple Syrup' or "KISS" shared a spicy hot cocoa topped with mint-kissed whipped cream and a special champagne creation. Get more recipes from KISS at http://keepitsimplesyrup.com/
Spicy Hot Chocolate with Mint-Kissed Whipped Cream
- Dissolve your favorite chocolate mix into piping hot (but not boiling) milk. For a spicy twist, try the Aztec brand, which contains vanilla, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
Available at For The Love of Chocolate: http://lovchoc.com
- Prepare Mint-Kissed Whipped Cream by adding Keep It Simple Syrup® to heavy whipping cream using electric beaters or a whipped cream dispenser.
(View both methods & associated quantities at: http://keepitsimplesyrup.com/whipped-cream)
- Top hot chocolate with whipped cream. Garnish with a dusting of chocolate mix & a sprig of mint.
A Champagne Kiss for Valentine's Day
- Soak 8 – 10 raspberries in 2 oz. of Keep It Simple Syrup® for ~10 minutes. The syrup will turn red.
- Fill two champagne flutes with dry Champagne or Prosecco. Drop one raspberry into each glass, and add a teaspoon or two of the red syrup to sweeten and tint the cocktail.