ENTER NOW: Win $600 on CBS 6 This Morning starting Monday

Mineral man arrested in Kevin Quick case

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Anthony Lee White (PHOTO: Henrico Sheriff's Office)

Anthony Lee White (PHOTO: Henrico Sheriff's Office)

MINERAL, Va. (WTVR) -- Virginia State Police announced late Sunday that another arrest has been made in connection with the death and disappearance of Waynesboro police reserve unit captain Kevin Quick.

State police took 22-year-old Anthony White of Mineral into custody without incident in Louisa County early Sunday morning.

White was charged with one felony count of gang participation.

State police said their investigation into Quick's death remains ongoing.

Other Suspects to Appear in Court 

Three other suspects arrested Thursday in connection with Quick's death are scheduled to appear in court Monday.

Anthony Stokes Jr., 31, Halisi Uhuru, 22, and Leslie Casterlow, 49, are slated to appear before a Goochland judge via video conferencing on principle second degree capital murder during abduction charges.

Click HERE for complete coverage of the death investigation.

Click HERE for complete coverage of the death investigation.

A CBS 6 investigation revealed the Stokes and Uhuru had gang ties and were out on early release from prison.

Additionally, two Albemarle County siblings were arrested Tuesday night in connection with the Quick case.

Mersadies Shelton, 20,  and Mathis, 18, are being held without bond after being charged with felony grand larceny in connection with Quick’s stolen vehicle. Their home address, on Barracks Road in Charlottesville, is less than two miles from the apartments where Quick was headed.

As of Monday morning, six people had been arrested in connection with Quick’s disappearance.

Police Captain Vanishes 

Quick disappeared Friday, Jan. 31, after he left his mother’s Afton home. He was going to see the mother of his four-month-old daughter, about 20 miles away. Multiple police sources believe the motive was robbery, and the crime was random.

Investigators discovered Quick's body Thursday off Old Columbia Road in Goochland County, near the Fluvanna County line.

The medical examiner confirmed the body found was Quick late Friday evening, but has not yet released his cause of death.

A flag was lowered to half-staff at the Fishburne Military School  in tribute to Quick late Friday during a news conference by state police.

“Unfortunately this case transitioned from an investigation into a disappearance, into a death investigation, and as a result we are still very actively pursuing new leads,” Corrine Geller, Virginia State Police spokesperson, said.

A Community Mourns 

Hundreds of people gathered at the Waynesboro Police Department for a candlelight vigil Saturday night.

While the tragedy has devastated the entire Waynesboro community, those who knew him came together to share fond memories of the 45-year-old.

“Whenever you needed him, you pick up the phone and he was right there,” said Jason Quick, Kevin’s youngest brother.

Buck Fitzgerald, who knew Quick for over 15 years, remembered him as "the nicest guy you could ever be around."

While Quick's killing has shaken the tight-knit community, his family is still coming to grips with what happened.

"We're just trying to figure out why… I mean it’s just sickening,” Jason Quick said.

Stay with WTVR.com and CBS 6 News for the latest on this developing story.


  • Hawk

    Can’t we just have some peace in this country without these gang-bang hyena’s ruining our lives with violence. No early paroles please.

  • david

    hawk the answer is no.and the thugs don’t commit more crimes they just get targeted more often for it,you know cause we are out to get them,wink ,wink

  • Steel Mill

    Those that are charged, if found quilty should not be put to death. They should live the rest of their lives in a small cell, no PC, no TV, one book, one hour of fresh air per day, day after day, month after month, year after year. Change it to 2 hours outside after 25 years…

  • MLee

    We need to resort to hard labor in prison or some other form of harsh punishment. It just appears there is no real fear of going to prison now. When we live in a society were some deployed military have to live in worse conditions at times during their careers, something is askew. It’s painfully obvious based on crimes and the defendants with past criminal records that “rehabilitation” is just really not that successful. They play the game just to be released, and go right back to their criminal careers. Not all, but even one is too many. If guilty, these are just some sorry, worthless life forms, I won’t even call them human beings

  • dubbs

    If they are incarcerated, they will become even “better” criminals. They should be executed if guilty and the gangs should be pursued with absolute deadly force. No other way will work, and I’m sorry about that.

  • Robo

    The death penalty is the wrong way to go for many reasons. I wonder how many people released tend to go back and commit more felonies. This case is getting a lot of ink because of the nature of the case. There may be many more that are released and do not go back to crime, which is surprising in that their chances of finding meaningful work is unlikely given their past records and probably spotty education. I wonder if there is some better way of assessment or perhaps letting them out for a period like 6 weeks, coming back and remaining for a couple of weeks with reports from probation, social work,ete.

Comments are closed.