ALERT: Police chase ends when SUV slams into tree in Bryan Park

School warns ‘snorting Smarties’ could lead to nasal maggots

Snorting Smarties

PORTSMOUTH, Rhode Island (WTVR) – Snorting Smarties candies is not so smart, according to doctors and school officials.

Schools in Rhode Island are now warning parents via email about the dangers of students snorting the candy, according to a report on WPRI.com.

“Some students have been smoking or snorting the candy, by using a straw or a rolled up paper to put the crushed candy powder up into their nasal cavities,” the WPRI’s report read. “Officials warned parents of the resulting medical issues of snorting the candy. Some effects include nasal scarring, infection, lung irritation, allergic reaction, or possible maggots.”

Visit WPRI.com for updates on this story.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,549 other followers