Former ROC ‘Pastor G’ indicted on charges of sexual assault of second child

Posted on: 3:44 pm, January 15, 2014, by and , updated on: 07:56am, January 16, 2014

TARRANT COUNTY, Texas (WTVR) – A Tarrant County grand jury has indicted Geronimo Scott Aguilar in connection with the sexual assault of a second child in the late 1990s in Fort Worth, Texas.

The eight-count indictment was returned on Wednesday and involves a victim who is identified by the pseudonym April More.

The indictment states that the child at the time was younger than 14 years old and is not the spouse of the defendant.

Aguilar, 43, was indicted on two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child under 14, a first-degree felony that carries a maximum punishment of life in prison.

He was also indicted on three counts of sexual assault of a child under 17 and three counts of indecency with a child—all of which are second-degree felonies punishable by a maximum of 20 years in prison.

The indictment alleges that the sexual abuse occurred in 1996 and 1997.

Aguilar is now facing trial on two separate cases involving two different victims. In September, he was indicted in connection with the sexual assault of another younger child in Fort Worth in 1996 and 1997.

Aguilar remains free on bond and a trial date has not been set. Since grand jury proceedings are secret under the law, the District Attorney for Tarrant, Texas is prohibited from commenting further.

RELATED:

• Clay Morrow says:

Why is this monster free on bond? What idiot posted it for him?

• Paula Kennedy says:

He should be sitting in jail until his trial and not be allowed to have a bond at all!!!! As far as who posted it, probably his loyal followers! Said it once and I will continue to say it…..piece of child molesting trash!!!!!!!

• Guest says:

Did the 2 posters above like & admire him before this all came out, or did your opinion of him change since this was revealed? Your comments just come off very hostile towards him. He has not been tried yet. I myself would watch his Sunday services on tv, & I really enjoyed his sermon s, & I spoke highly of him on my Facebook page. I was so disappointed & let down. I was really hoping it was not true.

• Guest says:

One more thing, I still wish this is not true. But in the future, I may not embrace Pastors who wear jeans & shades while preaching… I’ll just stick w. those who wear robes. But we are ALL sinners. This is like a bad dream. & also the fact that I heard he was having affairs with some of the women in the church!!

• Clay Morrow says:

I never admired him. The church is a racket, and religion is for ignorant people who want a crutch to get them through life. Just that being a minister or priest is a great gig for a pervert or sexual predator. Just amazed that a decent looking person like him, had to get his jollies with underage minors and other vulnerable people.

• bobby says:

@guest,brain wash easy do you?this is a sick guy with real issues and the ones that still side with him have their own issues.its just amazing how someone like this can get in peoples heads so easy.go away