Overnight fire at assisted living center

Posted on: 11:01 am, January 4, 2014, by , updated on: 12:46pm, January 4, 2014

fire

RICHMOND , Va. (WTVR) – Richmond fire crews responded to a call at an assisted living home early Saturday.

When crews arrived at the center along the 1000 block of German School Rd. at 4:30 a.m., light smoke was seen on the 5th floor of the building.

The fire was moved to a two-alarm fire due to the nature, and size of the building so extra resources could be called as a precaution.

The fire was marked under control in a few minutes.

The fire started in a trash container.

One person was transported to VCU Medical Center for minor smoke inhalation.

3 comments

  • M.L. Adams says:

    Come on, people! You can get a hit on almost any term, on line, using a search engine, but you won’t find ‘assistant’ living anywhere!

    The term is ‘assisted’ living!

  • Cindy szymonik says:

    ‘assisted’ not ‘assistant’. Got a proofreader?

  • Karen says:

    Another well-written story – what is the name of the facility? Boy, your writers are really falling down on the job today!

Comments are closed.