WATCH: Parade float catches fire in Va. Beach
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WTKR) — There were some frightening moments for spectators at a holiday parade in Virginia Beach Saturday when a float caught fire.
WTKR reports the flames came from a generator in the back of a pick-up truck, which was carrying the Princess Anne Farms float in the TowneBank Holiday Parade.
Officials said the fire was caused by a generator on the float which quickly spread to the hay and ignited the float.
Witnesses said some of the flames were as high as buildings.
The OCEANA Volunteer Fire Squad and Virginia Beach Fire Department happened to be in front of the float and extinguished the blaze within moments.
No one was hurt.