Crews douse fire at Henrico home
HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) — A homeowner was displaced after a house fire in the 1900 block of Morgan Court, which is off Mountain Road, Tuesday night.
When crews arrived around 6:30 p.m., they quickly extinguished the fire, which prevented the fire blaze potentially spreading to the rest of the house.
Officials said the home did have a working smoke detector and that the owner was able to make it our safely.
No one was injured.
Officials believe the fire started in a clothes dryer in the house, which was on when the unit’s vent hose caught fire.
According to the US Fire Administration, dryers cause an estimated 2900 house fires each year. These fires cause about $35 million in property damage each year. The majority of these fires were caused by built up of lint in the dryer and/or dryer vent.
Henrico fire officials urge homeowners to clean dryer vent traps and vent hoses regularly.
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis