HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – There is new information in the investigation into Del. Joe Morrissey‘s relationship with a teenager.
Previously, the girl’s attorney went on record saying nothing happened between her client and the lawmaker after police found the teenager at Morrissey’s home back in august.
The attorney also admitted the two met because the girl falsified her age and qualifications on a resume to get a job at Morrissey’s lawfirm.
The attorneys now allege police suggested the mother and daughter could profit from suing Morrissey if “the truth comes out.”
CBS 6 News reached out to police for a response to the allegations, but they declined comment.
Attorneys for Morrissey and the teen said they have recorded conversations that prove that police tried to intimidate the girl into changing her story.
- Morrissey’s attorney alleges misconduct
- Commonwealth’s attorney appoints special prosecutor in Del. Joe Morrissey case
- HOLMBERG: Morrissey has been knocked down, but never knocked out
- Legal expert: Morrissey denial about teen relationship could backfire
- FIRST ON WTVR: Del. Joe Morrissey, teen at center of police investigation
Stay with WTVR.com and CBS 6 News for the latest updates on this developing story.