Man displaced by Richmond fire
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – Crews responded to a massive fire on the city’s Southside early Friday evening.
A call came in at 5:24 p.m. for a house fire on the 00 block of East 35th Street.
Crews found a heavy fire that started in the back bedroom when they arrived on scene.
The fire was marked under control shortly before 6 p.m. Fire officials said that it could possibly be an electrical fire. The homeowner, who has lived there for 35 years, told CBS 6 he believes it was caused by a space heater.
The investigator said the house, worth between $75 and $80 thousand, is most likely going to be demolished.
In the meantime, the homeowner said he is going to stay with his family. No one was injured.