While you’re shopping, men are snatching jewelry
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY and COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. (WTVR) – Police in Chesterfield and Colonial Heights are investigating three separate jewelry store crimes that happened on the same day. While police have not yet officially linked all three crimes, there are similarities between the way the crimes were carried out.
Two men walked into Jared the Galleria of Jewelry at 11230 Midlothian Turnpike in Chesterfield about 6:15 Monday evening and asked to see some jewelry.
“While the clerk held the property, one suspect snatched it from her hand and both suspects fled the building,” Chesterfield Police wrote in a statement.
Police described the suspects as follows:
- Black man, 30-40 years old, 5’8″, full beard, wearing a gray sweat suit.
- Black man, 20-30 years old, 6′, goatee, wearing a black bubble jacket, jeans and a black winter hat
Also on Monday, two jewelry stores in Colonial Heights were hit in a similar fashion.
At one store inside Southpark Mall, two men stole a $10,000 piece of jewelry right from a worker’s hand. In a jewelry store outside the mall, the suspects stole $4,000 piece of jewelry.
Other jewelers are aware of the crimes, and have established security procedures.
“We only take one time out at a time, so that’s one measure that we take, so once they’re finished looking at that one item, then that’s put back and we’ll pull another item out,” Shirlie Witt, owner of Jewelry Creations said.
Anyone with information about these crimes is asked to call Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660.
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis