RRHA leaders to residents: New policy in place after missing keys

Posted on: 12:19 am, November 21, 2013, by

RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – There is an update to the CBS 6 News Investigation last week that revealed a master set of keys to more than 4,000 Richmond homes stolen from an unlocked vehicle.

The Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority knew the keys were missing. But instead of telling residents, they started replacing locks over the course of a few weeks. The final price tag was nearly $300,000.

Tuesday, nearly a week after our first report, the agency told residents they acted appropriately to protect residents – and that a new policy is in place to make sure this does not happen again.

The agency’s CEO Adrienne Goolsby said she is committed to openness and transparency.

CBS 6 News is hopeful that means she will eventually grant the station an on-camera interview.

RELATED: The $287,000 mistake that put 4,000 homes at risk, cost taxpayers

1 Comment

Comments are closed.