HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – A firefighter injured while putting out a West End house fire was treated and released from the hospital. The firefighter, who suffered a mild electric shock, actually returned to the fire scene after he was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Heat from a fire in the fireplace caused part of a fireplace collapse, starting the fire at a home along the 4600 block of Mill Park Dive off of Hungry Road, according to Henrico Fire spokesman Capt. Danny Rosenbaum.
Fire was reported in the chimney area around the fire place. The fire damaged the chimney and roof, along with smoke damage inside the dwelling.
The Red Cross is helping two adults and three children who could not return to the fire damaged home.