LYNCHBURG, Tenn. (WTVR) – Move over Texas, Kansas City, Memphis and North Carolina, Richmond barbecue now tops the list.
Cool Smoke, the official competition barbeque team from Richmond-based Q Barbeque, won the title of Grand Champion at the 25th Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue over the weekend. Cool Smoke beat out 99 other BBQ teams to win the title.
Watch Cool Smoke claim its award in the video box below.
“This is unbelievable,” Cool Smoke and Q founder Tuffy Stone said in a statement. “This is our 5th year being here. Everyone in the country who does competition BBQ hopes you can come here and cook, that’s a dream come true. To get one ribbon, that’s another dream come true. To win the Jack, is unbelievable.”
In addition to $10,000 in prize money, the win guarantees Cool Smoke will be invited to defend the title next year.
The Final Standings:
- Cool Smoke – Richmond, Virginia
- A Boy & His BBQ – Grimes, Iowa
- Blazen BBQ, Hillsboro, Texas
- Insane Swine BBQ, Worcester, Mass.
- QUAU, Brimfield, Ill.
- 4:20 Q, Clear Spring, Md.
- Jo-Bawb’s BBQ, Rozet, Wyo.
- Killer B’s BBQ, Evans, Ga.
- Gilly’s BBQ, Taylorville, Ill.
- I.A.B. 30 BBQ, Chandler, Ariz.
Cool Smoke also placed second in ribs and seventh in chicken.