WATCH: How to cut down expensive birthday party costs
(CNN) – A child’s happiness is priceless, especially on a birthday. But kids’ demands and peer pressure from other parents can turn a little party into a budget buster. Here are some tips for curbing costs and teaching children some important lessons.
- Let children make their own invitations or send them via email
- Keep food and cake simple, another thing you can do at home, for less.
- Don’t go overboard on party favors. A fun activity can be a takeaway guests make themselves.
- Choose an affordable venue like a community park
- Include your child in the party planning
Do you have any birthday party money-saving tips? Share them on the WTVR CBS 6 Facebook page.