Crews put out overnight fire at Henrico hotel
HENRICO COUNTY, Va (WTVR) – Fire investigators said work crews performing metal cutting in the stairwell of a Henrico hotel may have sparked an overnight fire there. No injuries were reported in a small fire at the Days Inn Hotel located at 5701 Chamberlayne Road.
Crews responded to reports of smoke coming out of a building located at the rear of the property about 2:45 a.m. Thursday. When fire crews arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the end of the unit.
The fire was contained to an outside stairwell and was brought under control in less than 30 minutes. This section of the hotel where the fire happened is a laundry facility and no guests were inside at the time.
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis