Teen electrocuted trying to scale Va. elementary school’s roof
HERNDON, Va. (WTVR) – A community is coming to grips after one teen was killed and three others were injured trying to climb onto the roof of an elementary school in northern Virginia.
Police said they think the 14-year-old was electrocuted when he became entangled in some electric wires and was left dangling 10 feet above the ground Tuesday night at Fox Mill Elementary School.
“A couple younger kids were trying to climb on top of the school, and when you climb on top of the school there are like wires…,” a boy at the scene told WUSA. “People say there are like wires to the side — and they touched them. And one kid like got caught in them, and then he got electrocuted and his friends were trying to help him down, so they got electrocuted too.”
The three injured teens suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Police are working to secure the building, so that no one else can climb onto the roof.