DOSWELL, Va. (WTVR) — Kings Dominion marked the opening of the 2013 season with its freshly updated nearly 14-acre Planet Snoopy, the largest PEANUTS™‑themed children’s area in the world.
Planet Snoopy now has 18 rides, eight of which are new , based on Charles Schulz’s beloved PEANUTS™ characters.
The new rides in Planet Snoopy include:
- Charlie Brown’s Wind Up: Hop on with Charlie Brown and swing through the air on Charlie Brown’s Wind Up.
- Flying Ace Balloon Race: Up, up and away! Soar high into the sky in a hot air balloon that climbs 37 feet into the air.
- Linus Launcher: Let’s go! Tilt up, let your feet dangle and feel as if you are flying through thin air on Linus Launcher.
- Lucy’s Tugboat: Come aboard and set sail on the high seas with Lucy and your family by your side on Lucy’s Tugboat.
- Snoopy’s Junction: All aboard the only PEANUTS™ – themed railroad at Kings Dominion, as Woodstock and Snoopy lead the way on Snoopy’s Junction.
- Snoopy’s Rocket Express: Blast off with this rocket – themed monorail that gives your entire family an aerial viewof Snoopy’s playhouse.
- Snoopy’s Space Buggies: Defy gravity and bounce your way to the moon on Snoopy’s Space Buggies.
- Woodstock Whirlybirds: Take the kids for a spin around on the classic teacups with a Woodstock twist.