TAX DAY: Do you need more time to file your taxes?

Posted on: 6:56 am, April 15, 2013, by , updated on: 07:02am, April 15, 2013

(CBS) – Tax Day is here. If you can’t make today’s deadline, be sure to file an extension request using IRS form 4868. You have until midnight to ask for an extension to file by October 15.

Last year more than 10 million American requested that extension.

You can request that extension through the IRS website or ask your tax preparer for help.

The average tax refund this year is $2,800.