VIRGINIA THIS MORNING: ‘Chicka-Chicka Boom-Boom Enchiladas’
RICHMOND, Va (WTVR) – Have Lunch Plans? Well after this, you might. Ben Scarborough, Local Entrepreneur of Chuy’s shares his restaurant’s signature, ‘Chicka Chicka Boom-Boom Enchilada’ and it’s easy to make.
Corn Tortillas 10 each
Cooked, Roasted Chicken 1 ¼ lb
Mixed Cheese As neede
Vegetable Broth ½ cup
Water ¼ cup
Spices ¼ tbsp
Roasted Green Chiles ¾ lb
Tomatillos 2 oz
Cilantro 1 ½ oz
Green Onions 1 oz
Serranos, minced ¾ oz
Lime Juice ½ oz
Cheese 1 ¼ lb
1. In a saucepan, add vegetable broth, water and spices and place over a medium to high flame.
2. Using a food processor, puree roasted green chiles, tomatillos, cilantro, green onions, serranos and lime juice.
3. Add to a large pot, stirring well. Bring mixture to a slow boil.
4. Lower flame and slowly add cheese, whipping as needed to remove clumps and make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom. When the cheese is melted and mixed, remove from heat.
To make enchiladas, fill a corn tortilla with 2 ounces of cooked, roasted chicken. Roll up and place in a baking pan. Top with mixed cheese, as needed. Warm in a hot oven for 4 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with Boom-Boom Sauce.
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis