RICHMOND, Va (WTVR) – It’s made with tender juicy shrimp, cooking wine, with sautéed mushrooms, onion and peppers served with whole wheat pasta. Chef James Person put together his signature Shrimp Scampi Royal dish.
Shrimp Scampi Royal
- Olive Oil ————————————————-2 TBSP.
- Shrimp, peeled & devained, tail off —————1 LB.
- Old bay seasoning————————————-1 TBSP.
- Black pepper———————————————1/2 TS.P
- Salt———————————————————To taste
- Garlic, granulated—————————————1/2TBSP.
- Cooking Sherry——————————————-2 OZ.
- Onions, diced———————————————1/2 CUP
- Peppers, diced——————————————-1/2 CUP
- Tomatoes, diced——————————————1/2 CUP
- Mushrooms, sliced—————————————1/2 CUP
- Lemon juice————————————————1/2 EA.
- Butter———————————————————2 TBSP.
- Chopped Parsley——————————————1 TSP.
Heat a skillet over medium heat; add 1 half of Olive oil and shrimp. Saute until shrimp is firm on both sides.
Remove from pan, into a bowl. Add remaining olive oil to heated pan. Place onions, peppers and mushrooms into heat skillet; Saute about one minute stirring or tossing constantly( Snow peas or Spring Onions can be added at this step if you like them). Sprinkle in salt, black pepper, garlic granules, and old bay seasoning. Turn down heat a little; add shrimp to sauteed veggies. Stir together. In another heat pan add shrimp; pour sherry over shrimp and flame with a lighted match immediately. After flame goes out add shrimp to vegetables. Add butter. Toss or stir until butter and sherry blend to become creamy.
Serve over your choice of pasta or rice. Sprinkle with parsley
By Chef James Personality