Vigil honors slain master trooper’s legacy
DINWIDDIE COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) — Family, friends and colleagues came together to remember and honor a state trooper gunned down on the side of the road.
A candlelight vigil in honor of Master Trooper Junius Walker was held Thursday evening on the steps of the Dinwiddie courthouse.
It’s been nearly a month since the 35-year veteran was shot and killed on I-85.
State police arrested a Chesterfield man who is charged with Walker’s murder.
Watch CBS 6 Photojournalist Brad Wilson’s video tribute in the video player above.
- Thousands mourn state trooper death
- Visitation for fallen trooper brings crowds, appreciation
- HOLMBERG: Details of how Trooper Walker was slain – a last good deed
- Troopers, police honor fallen veteran trooper
- Preliminary hearing for trooper shooting suspect postponed
- Post condolences for Trooper Walker on the CBS 6 Facebook page