‘Antiques Roadshow’ ticket application deadline looms
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR)–A reminder that the Antiques Roadshow will be in Richmond on August 17, but the deadline for ticket applications is this Monday, April 8.
The highly-rated PBS primetime series will visit RIchmond as part of an eight-city summer tour. In partnership with the Community Idea Stations there will be an all-day appraisal event at the Greater Richmond COnvention Center on Saturday, August 17.
Approximately 6,000 ticketed guests will receive free valuations of their antiques and collectibles from specialists from the country’s leading auction houses and independent dealers.
Admission to Antiques Roadshow events is free, but tickets are required and must be obtained in advance. Ticket applications can be submitted now through Monday, April 8. Information on how to apply for tickets can be found here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/ontour.html
A limited number of ticket recipients will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
Ticket holders are invited to bring two items for a free verbal approximation of value by experts from the world’s leading auction houses, independent appraisers, auctioneers and dealers. If selected, you must bring at least one item.
What You Need To Know (click here for more detail)
- You must have a ticket to enter the event.
- Each ticket holder can bring two items (and must bring at least one item). We do not prescreen ticket holders’ items and cannot suggest which items ticket holders should choose to bring.
- If you contact a ROADSHOW appraiser regarding the item(s) you plan to bring to the event, then we cannot consider the item(s) for taping.
- Your item(s) must fit through a standard door.
- Vehicles, stamps, paper currency, coins, bicycles, fossils, tools, glass fire extinguishers and explosives or hazardous materials cannot be appraised.
- If you plan to bring an antique or vintage firearm for appraisal, please read important information in our FAQ.
- If you plan to bring a painting for appraisal, please be prepared for the possibility of an extra-long wait in line. You’re welcome to bring a painting, but please keep in mind you may not have to wait as long for an appraisal of a different type of object.
- Please do not arrive more than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket.
- You must be able to carry or move your item throughout the event. We do not provide dollies or carts or assistance of any kind. You can bring your own cart or dolly as long as it does not have metal wheels.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as the venue has concrete floors.
- If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight and portable chair or wheelchair.
- Concession stands will be open and refreshments will be available for purchase at the Convention Center.
- The fun continues at the exit, where you can stop and visit our valued sponsors, and say hello to your local PBS station, WCVE.