School evacuated after gas leak

Posted on: 11:40 am, March 28, 2013, by , updated on: 11:42am, March 28, 2013

RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – Part of the St. Gertrude’s School in Richmond was evacuated Thursday morning due to a gas leak. Richmond Fire Department spokesman Lt. Robbie Hagaman said work crews hit a gas line around 10:40 a.m. near the intersection of Tilden Street and Stuart Avenue.

Several buildings, including the school, were evacuated as a precaution.

Hagaman said the incident was now under control. No one was injured.